For Home Buyers
Buying a home is an exciting time in one's life. Making the smart move of choosing a REALTOR® is your first step to ensuring that your new home and community meets your needs. Our services and experience range from financial aid to helping you find the home that best suits you and your family. For your convenience, I also provide listings by email. I pride myself on repeat business and hope you'll come to understand why.
As Your Agent, I Will:
- Advise you on current market conditions and types of listings (REO, Short Sale, Etc.) so you focus on properties that meet your home buying objectives.
- Ensure that you consider all the properties in the area that meet your criteria.
- See those properties that are worthy of your consideration.
- Guide you through the entire home buying process, from finding homes to look at, to getting the best financing.
- Make sure you don't pay too much for your new home and help you avoid costly mistakes.
- Answer all of your questions and provide sources for additional information about the local market area, including schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more.
Before You Start Looking For Your New Home:
- Check your credit rating. Straighten out any errors before its too late.
- Determine a comfortable monthly budget for your new purchase, including down payment (when a down payment is required*) and monthly payment.
- Find a loan program that meets your needs and get pre-qualified (preferably pre-approved).
- Choose a REALTOR® that you trust and who understands your needs. (Hint: That would be me.)
- Determine what neighborhood best matches your needs.
- Identify important features you need your new home to have.
* VA loans have no down payment requirements and may also be available through VA Vendee loans to buyers with no military connection who would otherwise not be eligible for a VA loan.
Closing Costs to Expect:
- Lender fees include charges for loan processing, underwriting, preparation and establishing an escrow account.
- Third-party fees include charges for insurance, title search, and other inspections such as termites.
- Government fees include deed recording and state & local mortgage taxes.
- Escrow and interest fees include homeowner's insurance, loan interest, real estate taxes, and occasionally private mortgage insurance.
We will negotiate for the seller to pay part or all of your closing costs in most instances,
I will always advise you on current market conditions as it applies to your choices.